Apply to GSS
Apply to GSS
*To learn more about Gulf Stream School, please download or request our Viewbook.
Admission to Gulf Stream School is determined by the Admissions Committee which is composed of the Director of Admissions, the Head of School, the Assistant Head of School, Pre-Primary, Lower School and Upper School Coordinators, and teachers at relevant grade levels.
Admission decisions are based on records from previously attended schools, standardized test scores, recommendations from teachers and administrators, and, in the case of Grades Two through Eight, Gulf Stream School teachers' observations of academic and social fit during a required day-long visit by the student. Applicants to Grades Two through Eight are also required to take the WISC IV (Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children) administered by a licensed psychologist.
Preference is given to siblings, children of alumni, and faculty children. Gulf Stream School welcomes applicants with a variety of talents, interests, and perspectives without regard to race, religion, gender, economics, or national or ethnic origin.
Applications for the 2018-2019 academic year are now being accepted.
The Admissions Office welcomes all applicants and their families to Gulf Stream School. Admissions procedures for prospective students include the following:
• Completion of the Application for Admission
• A $100 application fee
• Age-appropriate observations and assessments
• Teacher Recommendation Forms from current school (where applicable)
• A half-day campus visit (Lower and Upper School applicants)
• WISC IV (Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children) administered by a licensed psychologist (Grades Two through Eight)
The application materials may be obtained by either:
1. Downloading from this website
3. Contacting the Admissions Office by phone
4. Complete application online: Online Application
Dates and deadlines for the 2018-2019 application process:
• Applications available September 1st
• Admission decisions mailed to students by early March
• Enrollment contracts for new students are due to GSS two weeks following acceptance
Gulf Stream School will be on a rolling admission basis until the end of the school year, assuming there are still places available.