The Blue and White Fund Annual Campaign
The Blue and White Fund is a School Family-wide effort to which faculty, trustees, parents, alumni, parents of alumni, grandparents, and friends of Gulf Stream School can donate each year. It is designed to provide the funds necessary to fulfill the School's greatest and most immediate needs not met by tuition.
As our second-largest source of income other than tuition, it is our most important annual fundraiser. Gifts to the Blue and White Fund enhance all aspects of the Gulf Stream School experience, including educational programs, building and grounds, faculty development, and financial aid. Its success is dependent upon participation, as well as each individual’s or family’s willingness to give at a level appropriate to them.
The Fund's name reflects our School colors. Field Day is a long-standing tradition that divides the students into two teams—the Blues and the Whites—every May. The special energy, spirit of competition, sportsmanship, and camaraderie that take place on that day are long remembered by all who participate or witness the excitement, and through this fund, we hope to replicate that enthusiasm.
- Gifts to the Blue and White Fund are 100% tax deductible as contributions to a non-profit 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
- Every gift counts! Gifts of any amount are encouraged and appreciated.
- Gifts can be made by cash, check, credit card, or donated stock.
- A pledge to the Blue and White Fund counts as participation. Pledges, which must be fulfilled by June 30th, can be spread out with recurring payments, potentially creating a larger gift.
- The Blue and White Fund qualifies for most corporate matching gift programs.
- 10% of every gift goes toward the School’s General Endowment Fund.
Blue & White Fund Donor Recognition Levels
Giving levels provide structure, recognition, and purpose for donors who are committed to sustaining and supporting Gulf Stream School. Membership in any of the recognition levels is determined by actual contributions (not pledges) made to the School between July 1st and June 30th every year.
1938 Leadership Society
- Founders’ Circle: $10,000 and above
- Trustees’ Circle: $5,000-$9,999
- Head of School’s Circle: $2,500-$4,999
- Honors Circle: $1,500-$2,499
Gifts of $1,500 or more during the fiscal year qualify the donor(s) for membership. Every year, members are recognized at a reception for their leadership and generosity.
- Stingray Club: $1,000-$1,499
- Columns Club: $500-$999
- Streamers: $200-$499
- Blues and Whites: Up to $199
Blue & White Fund Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Why should I give to the Blue & White Fund?
Q. Why is 100% participation so important?
Q. We typically give near the end of the School year. Can we wait until then?
Q. Why doesn't tuition cover expenses related to maintaining and improving the quality of a Gulf Stream School experience?
Q. Will we be asked to participate in other campaigns or fundraisers every year?
Periodically, we will launch a capital campaign to be used for construction and/or to increase the School's endowment.