Admission decisions are based on records from previously attended schools, standardized test scores, recommendations from teachers and administrators, and, in the case of Grades Two through Eight, Gulf Stream School teachers' observations of academic and social fit during a required day-long visit by the student. Applicants to Grades Two through Eight may be required to take the WISC IV (Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children).
Preference is given to siblings, children of alumni, and faculty children. Gulf Stream School welcomes applicants with a variety of talents, interests, and perspectives without regard to race, religion, gender, economics, or national or ethnic origin.
The Admissions Office welcomes all applicants and their families to Gulf Stream School. To apply for the upcoming academic year, please complete:
- Admission Application
To complete an application, you can
- Age-appropriate observations and assessments
- Teacher Recommendation Forms from current school (download and complete a form for Pre-kindergarten and Kindergarten, Grades 1-4, or Grades 5-8)
- a half-day campus visit (Lower and Middle School applicants)
Dates and deadlines for the 2020-2021 application process:
- Applications are available September 1st
- Admission decisions are mailed to students by early March
- Enrollment contracts for new students are due to Gulf Stream School within two weeks following acceptance
- Gulf Stream School will be on a rolling admission basis until the end of the school year, assuming there are still places available.